200 E. Sunrise Highway
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Ph: (631) 957-3000
Fx: (631) 957-7440
New York Rising Recovery Resources Center
New York Rising
is a program formed by Governor Andrew Cuomo to help rebuild communities throughout New York State that were devastated by Superstorm Sandy, Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. New York Rising's programs include:
- provides eligible homeowners with assistance for home repairs/rehabilitation, mitigation and elevation, and buyouts.
Small Business Assistance
- includes small business grants of $50,000 or more and low-interest loans for eligible businesses recovering from the storms.
Community Reconstruction Program
- provides assistance to develop community recovery plans in order to rebuild and revitalize areas that were severely damaged by the storms.
For more information, please call the Recovery Hotline:
1-855-NYS-SANDY(1-855-697-7263) from 8:00 AM-4:30PM Weekdays
Public Contact Numbers
Town of Babylon - 311
PSEG - 1 (800) 490-0075
National Grid - (800) 490-0045
Red Cross - (631) 423-0307
Suffolk County Advisory - Click
for ways to reduce your insurance premiums through storm-proofing your home or business.
as a Result of Damage From Sandy
- the official website for the National Flood Insurance Program which offers flood insurance to homeowners, renters, and business owners if their community participates in the NFIP
Adopt A House
A not for profit 501(c)3 organization providing guidance, information, and free educational seminars throughout the rebuilding process for residents
n effort to provide volunteers for demolition and cleaning in the homes of Lindenhurst residents affect by Hurricane Sandy
A local community group formed in the wake of Hurricane Sandy to help residents in Babylon Village and Babylon Town.
A not for profit 501(c)3 organization serving the Babylon, North Babylon, West Babylon, and West Islip area
Neighbors Supporting Neighbors
Relief effort supporting Babylon Village and Fred Shores area
available with all proceeds going to help affected families
Long Island Cares
Emergency hunger relief and community outreach programs for the benefit of our fellow Long Islanders
Touro Law Center Walk-in Clinics
- Visits locations in our area to offer free legal advice and counseling to those who were affected by Hurricane Sandy. For more information, please call (631) 761-7198.
FEGS Health & Human Services Free Counseling Services
- Free, confidential counseling services are now being offered to adults and children who have been affected by Superstorm Sandy. For more information, please call FEGS at (516) 496-7550 ext. 6 - Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
NYS Sandy Recovery Team
Powered by CivicPlus