Pastor Roy S. Kirton Food Pantry
About the Pantry:
To serve our residents in need, The Department of Human Services operates an emergency food pantry that supplies food on a monthly basis to those in need of the service. The pantry operates by donation only and relies on community donations. Over the years, the pantry has continued to thrive through donations received from local Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops, churches, community groups, schools, residents and drives hosted by Town officials.
- Pantry guests can visit once per month and must provide current, valid identification at the time of pickup. Our services operate by donation only and guests must be Town of Babylon residents.
On November 16, 2022, the Town of Babylon named the pantry in memory of Pastor Roy S. Kirton, a lifelong Copiague resident. Pastor Kirton co- founded the Circle of Love Ministry Worldwide in 1997, and soon began giving back to the community by opening a food pantry that provided groceries to some 100 families weekly. Every Thanksgiving holiday the Circle of Love would provide over 700 dinners to feed residents across the Town. In addition to his ministry at the Circle of Love, Pastor Kirton established the Safe Harbor Mentoring Program, helping men and women who were incarcerated reintegrate back into society by providing education, advocacy, prevention and empowerment to their clients. He also served as President of the Ministerial Alliance of North Amityville. He would later join in ministry with Reverend Dr. Terrance Daye, Senior Pastor for Christian Life Center in Amityville.
How to Donate:
Please bring non-perishable food items, canvas shopping bags, small toiletries and grocery store gift cards to any of our donation centers: Department of Human Services, 1 Commerce Boulevard in Amityville; Town Council Office, 200 E. Sunrise Highway in Lindenhurst; Old Town Hall, 47 W. Main Street - Suite 2 in Babylon Village.
- Pasta (1-2 lbs.)
- Brown Rice (Rice-A-Roni, Uncle Ben's)
- Brown Rice (1-2 lb. bags)
- Spaghetti Sauce (15-28 oz)
- Spaghetti O's
- Canned meat (potted meat, vienna sausages, spam)
- Canned Tuna, Canned Salmon
- Canned Chicken Breast / Turkey Breast
- Canned Fruit, Applesauce (15-23 oz)
- Bottled Water (16-20 oz. bottles)
- Canned/Bottled Juices
- Juice Boxes
- Cereal, Oatmeal
- Toiletries (deodorant, toothpaste, soap, feminine products, etc.)
- Canned Vegetables (15-24 oz)
- Canned Soup (15 -24 oz)
- Canned Beans - red, black, vegetarian, pork n' beans (15-24 oz)
- Corn Muffin Mix
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Toilet Paper, Paper Towels
- Baby Food - formula, cereal, juice
- Diapers (all sizes, training underpants)