- Parks & Recreation
- Spray Parks
- Venetian Shores
Venetian Shores is one of the Town's two bay beaches on the Great South Bay. The facility is only open to residents and a yearly Town of Babylon recreation permit is required to access the facility during the summer season. In addition to the bay beach, the facility also has an Interactive Spray Park. Food services at Venetian Shores are offered by Katch. If you have questions or concerns regarding Katch and their services, please contact them directly by visiting their website.
The bay beach and interactive spray park are open daily during the summer season, which begins in late-June and goes through Labor Day.
- Interactive Spray Park
- Picnic Area
- Food Services/Katch
- This is a Resident Only Beach and requires a Resident Recreation Permit for entrance.
Granada Pkwy, Lindenhurst
Venetian Shores Spray ParkPhysical Address
Lindenhurst , NY 11757
Phone: 631-786-1136Emergency Phone: 631-893-2100
2023 Spray Park Hours:
June 24 - September 4
10 am - 6 pm
- How many pools does the Town have and where are they located?
The Town of Babylon has five area pools that are open for residents only to enjoy. The pools are open full time in the summer (late June through Labor Day) and include: • Anthony Sanchez Pool: Sawyer Avenue, West Babylon, (631) 661-2067 • Fabio Buttitta Pool: Acorn Street Deer Park, (631) 242-4803 • North Lindenhurst Pool: Straight Path, North Lindenhurst, (631) 957-3510 • North Amityville Pool: Albany Avenue, North Amityville, (631) 842-6240 • Phelps Lane Pool: Phelps Lane, North Babylon, (631) 669-4654
- Where can I obtain a Summer pool pass?
Pool passes can be purchased at the Parks & Recreation Department at 151 Phelps Lane in North Babylon, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Town pools are open from the end of June through Labor Day. Residents must bring their license, current tax/utility bill and birth certificates for all children (under 18 years old). All children under 16 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older to enter a pool facility.
- How much do Summer pool passes cost?
Residents can purchase individual or family plan summer pool passes. Please reference the summer Recreation Guide for up-to-date pool plan fees.
- What is the cost to use the Town pools if a plan is not purchased?
The daily entrance fee for Phelps Lane pool is $7.00 per person. The daily entrance fee for all other Town pools is $5.00 per person. Proof of residency is required to use the pools. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or over. Children ages 3 and under are free.
- What are the rules for using the pools?
No food or coolers are allowed at the pools. Bathing suits are required to enter the pool facility.
- When can I use the spray parks at Tanner Park and Venetian Shores?
The Town's spray parks at Tanner Park and Venetian Shores are open daily during the season from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Geiger Spray Park is open 10:00 am – 7:00 pm. The spray parks are open for the season in late June. The spray park season close after Labor Day.
- What beaches do I have access to with the Town of Babylon Beach Permit?
The Town of Babylon Beach Permit gives Town of Babylon residents access to:
Overlook Beach, Cedar Beach, Gilgo Beach, Cedar Marina, Tanner Park, & Venetian Shores
- How and Where are Town of Babylon Beach Permits being sold?
Online: Residents with online accounts can purchase the Town of Babylon Beach Permit online from February 21th to April 21st! (Permits will begin being mailed in April.)
In Person: In person (drive-thru) purchasing will begin Tuesday, April 25th at various parks throughout the Town. If you would like to purchase your beach permit in person, bring your NYS Driver's License and NYS Car Registration (with matching name and addresses in the Town of Babylon) to a drive-thru location listed below. Please note, sales are credit/debit card only. American Express is NOT accepted.
In person sale dates from April 25th - June 22nd:
Tuesdays @ Tanner Park, 3 pm - 6 pm
Thursdays @ Venetian Shores, 3 pm - 6 pm
Saturdays @ Geiger Park, 10 am - 2 pm
- How much does a Town of Babylon Beach Permit cost?
Senior (60+): $20, NYS Driver’s License Must Indicate an Age of 60+
Veteran/Active Military: $20
Active Town of Babylon Volunteer Fire Department Member: $20
- What documents do I need in order to purchase a Town of Babylon Beach Permit?
A NYS Driver’s License with an address in the Town of Babylon and a car registration with matching last name and address to driver’s license.
If you qualify for a discounted Beach Permit based on your status, you will also need:
Additional Documents Based On Your Status as a Volunteer Firefighter, Veteran/Active Military, Snowbird, Company Car:
1. Volunteer Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter Card needs to be uploaded.
2. Veteran/Active Military: DD214 needs to be uploaded, if designated on license, please indicate that when uploading/Active Military ID Card should be uploaded.
3. Snowbird: Snowbird Affidavit needs to be uploaded.
4. Company Car: A letter on company letterhead (must be typed) stating:
- That the resident has been assigned to that particular vehicle for the year and that they are allowed to use the vehicle for recreational purposes.
- The vehicle information (year, make, model, plate, & VIN#)
- The resident's name listed as sole driver, and resident's address as it appears on the driver's license.
- The company's name and address as it appears on the car registration.