COVID-19 Department Updates
Below please find information provided by Town of Babylon departments regarding cancellations, closures and changes to services as a result of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Updates will be made to this page as more information becomes available.
In order to meet the needs of residents during this time, the Town of Babylon has made this form available to submit requests to departments: SUBMIT ONLINE REQUESTS HERE.
Environmental Control and Solid Waste Management
- Garbage pickup will continue uninterrupted. Please follow your normal schedule and be sure to be courteous to your collectors by ensuring all garbage is properly bagged and in cans.
- The following are canceled or postponed:
- Sanitation Commission and Board of Grievance and Appeals meetings scheduled for Thursday, April 2, 2020 and Thursday, May 7, 2020.
- STOP Day scheduled for Saturday, April 4, 2020.
- Earth Day scheduled for Saturday May 2, 2020.
- The meeting of the Town of Babylon 150th Anniversary Committee scheduled for April 1, 2020 has been canceled.
Parks & Recreation
- The annual Eggstravaganza that was scheduled for Saturday, April 4th has been canceled.
- Online camping and boating reservations have been postponed to a later date.
Planning and Development
- Planning, Accessory Apartment and Zoning Board meetings scheduled for this week are canceled. Additional information will be posted when available.
- Please be reminded that ALL Building and Planning Department applications can be filed by mail. An in-person visit to the Planning and Building Departments is not necessary. Town Staff will call you to confirm receipt of your application and will mail you a receipt for the filing fee.
- Accessory Apartment/Rental Renewal Applications - all renewals must be mailed back within 30 days of expiration. Please click here for more information.
Tax Receiver’s Office
- In-person payments are being accepted by appointment only. Payments can be made online 24/7 at www.officialpayments.com.
- All Suffolk County courts, including Suffolk Supreme Court and District Court, are closed. The Town Attorney’s Office will be staffed at all times during regular business hours.
Town Clerk’s Office
- The Town Clerk’s office will be closed to the public for the next two weeks. Only marriage licenses for active duty military members being deployed will be issued during this time.
- Copies of birth, death and marriage certificates can be sent via mail. To request a copy, please visit our Online Services page and select "Town Clerk’s Office" under Department.