COVID-19 Department Updates
Below please find information provided by Town of Babylon departments regarding cancellations, closures and changes to services as a result of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Updates will be made to this page as more information becomes available.
In order to meet the needs of residents during this time, the Town of Babylon has made this form available to submit requests to departments: SUBMIT ONLINE REQUESTS HERE.
Environmental Control and Solid Waste Management
- Garbage pickup will continue uninterrupted. Please follow your normal schedule and be sure to be courteous to your collectors by ensuring all garbage is properly bagged and in cans.
Parks & Recreation
- Summer beach permits are on sale starting June 1st. Click here to learn more.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Babylon has had to modify its summer plans and programs in order to protect the health of our residents, neighbors and staff. View this page to learn about what changes have been made this year and the rules that residents must follow.
- Beginning Monday, June 8th boating and camping permits will be available for purchase at the Parks & Recreation Office in North Babylon. Permits will be sold Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 11:30am and Saturdays, 9am to 1pm. Residents are required to wear a mask; please 1 person per household. Residents will need to show a valid driver’s license, a current tax/utility bill and their boat/camper/tow vehicle registration. All documents need to have the same name and Town of Babylon address in order to purchase a permit.
Planning and Development
- Please remember that ALL Building and Planning Department applications can be filed by mail. An in-person visit to the Planning and Building Departments is not necessary. Town Staff will call you to confirm receipt of your application and will mail you a receipt for the filing fee.
- Accessory Apartment/Rental Renewal Applications - all renewals must be mailed back within 30 days of expiration. Please click here for more information.
Tax Receiver’s Office
- Residents can pay their taxes via drive-through at Town Hall. Click here to learn more.
- A secure drop-box has been placed at the east entrance of Town Hall for residents to drop off payments between 9am and 4pm.
- Payments can be made online 24/7 at www.officialpayments.com.
- All Suffolk County courts, including Suffolk Supreme Court and District Court, are closed. The Town Attorney’s Office will be staffed at all times during regular business hours.
Town Clerk’s Office
- The Town Clerk’s office will be closed until further notice.
- Priority for marriage licenses will be given to active duty military members being deployed.
- Copies of birth, death and marriage certificates can be sent via mail. To request a copy, please visit our Online Services page and select "Town Clerk’s Office" under Department.