Upcoming Public Meetings
Town Board Meetings:
Meetings of the Babylon Town Board are held in the Town Board Room at Babylon Town Hall in Lindenhurst. Town Board meetings are also live-streamed on the town's YouTube channel. Meeting agendas will be posted to the Agenda Center prior to the start of the meeting.
Structure of Town Board Meetings:
All Town Board meetings are divided up into three portions: scheduled Public Hearings, the Resolutions Agenda and the Open Portion. Those wishing to address the board either on a scheduled Public Hearing, Resolution Agenda item or during the Open Portion can fill out a card and file with the Town Clerk to be called at the appropriate time.
- Scheduled Public Hearings: all Notices of Public Hearing are posted on the Public Notices webpage in advance of every meeting.
- Resolution Agenda: the Resolution Agenda items are posted to the Agenda Center prior to the start of each meeting.
- Open Portion: residents are welcome to address the board with comments, questions or concerns during the open portion. Comments, questions or concerns can be related to agenda items or general concerns regarding Town services or Town government.
How to participate in a Town Board Meeting:
- To participate in a scheduled Public Hearings, you can visit Town Hall and address the board when the hearing is heard. (Please note public hearings are held at the start of the meeting.)
- If you are unable to attend a meeting in-person, but still wish to comment on a public hearing or address the board, please fill out the Town Board Meeting Comments form and someone will get back to you with a response.
- If you would like to watch the Town Board meeting, you can visit the Town of Babylon YouTube Channel at the meeting start time to watch the meeting live. Recordings of all past Town Board meetings are available on the YouTube channel as well.
Meetings of the Accessory Apartment Review Board, Planning Board, Rental Board and Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) take place in the Town Board Room at Babylon Town Hall during the evening most weeks.
To participate in a public hearing heard by any of these boards, constituents can visit town hall and address the board when the hearing is heard. To view agendas and meeting dates for these boards, please see below.
|Accessory Apartment Review Board||Accessory Apartment Agendas|
|Planning Board||Planning Board Agendas|
|Rental Board||Rental Board Agendas|
|Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA)||ZBA Agendas|
Please visit the Public Notices page to find notices of public hearings.