Built in 1803 by Nathaniel Conklin who, along with his mother Phebe Conklin, is credited with naming Babylon. The house was moved from the northeast corner of Main Street and Deer Park Avenue in 1871 to its current location on the west side of Deer Park Avenue, just south of the railroad. The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988, and is an important landmark in our local history. The Conklin House is now a museum.
Village of Babylon Historical & Preservation Society
The Village of Babylon Historical and Preservation Society formed in 1974 and has operated a local history museum ever since, offering visitors a glimpse into the village’s past, from its role as a vacation resort community and suburban boomtown. The historical society museum is located in the old Babylon Library, at 117 W. Main Street, Babylon, which was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2015.
Village of Babylon Historical & Preservation Society, 117 W. Main Street, Babylon, NY 11702