In 1963, American Legion Hunter Squires Jackson Post #1218 erected a monument honoring local veterans, at Albany Avenue and Croyden Street, creating Veterans Memorial Triangle. The monument read:
Veterans Memorial Triangle
Established August 25, 1963 by Babylon Town Board, Supervisor – William T. Lauder
For Hunter-Squires-Jackson Post No. 1218
For All Veterans – A Perpetual Memorial to Our Comrades Who Died in Their Country’s Service, and to Those Who Gave Their Lives During the Great World Wars So That Justice, Freedom and Democracy Might Survive to be the Victorious Ideals of the Peoples of the World
The monument was refurbished and Veterans Memorial Triangle was rededicated in 2012.