Yard waste is collected Monday-Friday (12 months of the year) in the Town of Babylon, and is collected separately from general garbage and recyclables. Residents can determine their yard waste pickup day by looking at the Yard Waste Zone (YWZ) map. Please see the map key below to determine what YWZ you reside in.
- Yard waste cannot be mixed with garbage.
- Do not use cardboard boxes for yard waste.
- Only 10 yard waste items may be put out per week
- Bags of grass and leaves must be under 50 lbs.
- Disposal regulations for tree debris (tree branches less than 4 in. in diameter) require that trimmings must be bundled, securely tied, under 4 ft. long and under 50lbs.
- If collected on the same day, please make sure to separate yard waste from regular garbage by placing yard waste on one side of your driveway and regular garbage on the other side.
- Dirt, sod and rocks cannot be collected.
- Bamboo cannot be picked up with yard waste. It has to be picked up with garbage.
Christmas Tree Disposal:
- “Natural” nursery grown Christmas Trees will be picked up on the same days as your yard waste. Please make sure all ornaments and lights are removed.
- Artificial trees may be put out along with your regular garbage pickup days. Any ornaments should be removed.
Yard Waste Zones: