Volunteers & Tours
- The Babylon Animal Shelter takes volunteers to help take care of the animals. Please see the flyer for information and for contact info to let us know you are interested in volunteering at the Town of Babylon Animal Shelter.
- The first step to becoming a volunteer is to complete a volunteer application. Upon completion and submission of the volunteer application, it will be processed and then you will be contacted to discuss any questions you may have.
- Once accepted into the Volunteer Program, new volunteers will be assigned a senior volunteer mentor who will train and assist you with volunteer and shelter protocols. All new volunteers must sign the Volunteer Acknowledgement, Service Agreement and Release of Liability.
- Shelter tours are conducted for local school groups and scout groups upon request. Please call 631- 643-9270 or email email@example.com
- We welcome groups (Girl scouts, Boy scouts, school classes, etc.) to come for a tour of our shelter. We try to make this an educational as well as fun program. We start with a little presentation about who we are and the role of the shelter in our community as well as proper animal care and responsible pet ownership. We then do a walking tour through our shelter. Questions and group participation is always welcome.
- The whole tour lasts about an hour including time for questions. Best days to arrange to bring your group would be a Saturday since we are closed at 3:30pm weekdays to the public. Come see who we are and what we do – we love showing off our resident pets!