HEAT ADVISORY: with temperatures soaring into the 90’s this week, the Town of Babylon would like to remind residents of all options available in order to stay cool.
TOWN POOLS: all town pools are open from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekdays and 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Residents have access to all pools with a pool plan or by paying the daily entrance fee. The entrance fee at Phelps Lane is $7, and $5 at all other pools.
- Anthony Sanchez Pool - Sawyer Avenue, West Babylon
- Fabio Buttitta Pool – Acorn Street, Deer Park
- North Amityville Pool – Albany Avenue, North Amityville
- North Lindenhurst Pool – Straight Path, North Lindenhurst
- Phelps Lane Pool – Phelps Lane, North Babylon
SPRAY PARKS: the spray parks at Tanner Park and Venetian Shores are open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Geiger Spray Park is open from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Residents must have a 2022 recreation permit in order to access the spray parks at Tanner and Venetian. Geiger is accessible through either the Geiger Pool Plan or by a $5 entrance fee.
- Venetian Shores Spray Park – Granada Parkway, Lindenhurst
- Tanner Spray Park – Kerrigan Road, Copiague
- Geiger Spray Park – Grand Boulevard, Wyandanch / Deer Park
OCEAN BEACHES: the town’s ocean beaches are open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Lifeguards are on duty from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on weekdays and 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on weekends. Residents must have a 2022 recreation permit in order to access Overlook Beach. Cedar and Gilgo beaches are open to non-residents for a daily fee that varies depending on the day of the week.
- Overlook Beach – eastbound Ocean Parkway
- Cedar Beach – eastbound Ocean Parkway
- Gilgo Beach – westbound Ocean Parkway
COOLING CENTER: the Town Hall Annex, located at 281 Phelps Lane in North Babylon will be open 24/7 throughout the heatwave as a cooling center. The building is accessible through the Department of Public Safety entrance.