Town of Babylon Supervisor Richard Schaffer, Councilmember Tom Donnelly, Sunrise Senior Living of Dix Hills and AgeWell have joined together to offer a comprehensive workshop for caregivers and decision makers of an elder parent or family member.
Many families are not aware of the resources available to them to assist in managing the care of an aging loved one. It is with these families in mind that the Town of Babylon, Sunrise Senior Living of Dix Hills and AgeWell have put together this one of a kind workshop.
The “Navigating Senior Care” Workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, October 22 at Spangle Drive Senior Center, 438 Spangle Drive North Babylon, NY 11703 at 6pm.
This workshop will address the often complex and time consuming questions that are challenging for many caregivers. There will be professionals to speak and answer questions on various topics including:
• Care Planning: Assessing health needs for services and steps involved in planning for care.
• Financial Management: Senior Health and Long Term Care.
• Assisted Living: Are all Assisted Livings Communities the same?
• Home Care: Discussion on Home Care agencies and Medicare coverage.
• Managed Long Term Care
• Veterans Benefits- What benefits are available to the Veteran and their spouse?
• Legal Care: The importance of Advance Directives, Living Wills, Powers Of Attorney and Asset Protection planning.
Each participant will receive a family care folder which will include information from the workshop that was discussed.
The workshop is open to all and refreshments will be served. Seats are limited; please RSVP to Spangle Drive Senior Center by October 20 at 631-422-7610.