Town of Babylon Supervisor Rich Schaffer, Councilman Tom Donnelly have joined with Sunrise Senior Living of Dix Hills and AgeWell to offer a comprehensive workshop for caregivers and decision makers of an elder parent or family member. The “Navigating Senior Care” Workshop is scheduled for Thursday, April 2nd at the Spangle Drive Senior Center - 438 Spangle Drive, North Babylon, NY 11703 at 6pm. The workshop is open to all and refreshments will be served.
Many families are not aware of the resources available to them to assist in managing the care of an aging loved one. It is with these families in mind that the Town of Babylon, Sunrise Senior Living of Dix Hills and AgeWell have put together this one of a kind workshop.
This workshop will address the often complex and time consuming questions that are challenging for many caregivers. There will be professionals to speak and answer questions on various topics including:
• Care Planning: Assessing health needs for services and steps involved in planning for care.
• Financial Management: Senior Health and Long Term Care.
• Assisted Living: Are all Assisted Livings Communities the same?
• Home Care: Discussion on Home Care agencies and Medicare coverage.
• Veterans Benefits: What benefits are available to the Veteran and their spouse?
• Legal Care: The importance of Advance Directives, Living Wills, Powers Of Attorney and Asset Protection planning.
Each participant will receive a family care folder which will include information from the workshop that was discussed.
Seats are limited; please RSVP to Spangle Drive Senior Center by March 30 at 631-422-7610.