WHAT THE TOWN OF BABYLON IS DOING:
- Town cleaning crews are frequently and thoroughly sanitizing town properties, including Town Hall, senior centers, youth centers and recreation facilities.
- Hand sanitizers are being placed throughout town buildings to provide easy access for both residents and employees.
- Town officials are continuing to monitor the situation and will take steps to reschedule/cancel any events if necessary and inform the public. Please check www.townofbabylon.com for updates regarding events.
AVOID UNNECESSARY VISITS TO TOWN FACILITIES
The Town of Babylon is asking residents to utilize our online services and/or call rather than visiting town facilities in an attempt to limit traffic throughout our buildings as a precaution for the wellbeing of yourself and others. Many services that the Town of Babylon provides do not require a physical visit to Town Hall and can be handled online or over the telephone. While we are not stopping residents from visiting our facilities, we are encouraging them to consider the following if in need of assistance:
- The Town Hall switchboard can be reached at (631) 957-3000 and can assist you as well as route your call to the appropriate department to help meet your needs.
- Department phone numbers and email addresses can be found on townofbabylon.com.
- Applications, permits and forms are available to download here or on the department’s page.
- Questions, concerns and complaints can be submitted through Report A Concern
- Town Board meeting can be viewed here.
- Wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, especially before eating.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Gather and update home preparedness kits, containing a thermometer, decongestants, anti-inflammatory drugs and acetaminophen.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
New York State Department of Health: www.health.ny.gov/coronavirus
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/COVID19
World Health Organization: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Suffolk County: https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Health-Services/Health-Bulletins/Novel-Coronavirus
New York State Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline: