All essential town services are available for residents. However, all buildings remain partially CLOSED to the public until further notice. If you need to visit either Town Hall or the Town hall Annex to drop off or pick-up anything related to a necessary service, there will be one entrance available to speak with a Public Safety officer.
HOW DO I ACCESS TOWN SERVICES?
- Due to COVID-19 (coronavirus), the Town of Babylon has taken action to close certain buildings and limit in-person services out of an abundance of caution. To meet the needs of residents during this time, the Town of Babylon has made this form available to submit requests to departments. SUBMIT ONLINE REQUESTS HERE.
- Applications, permits and forms are available to download here or on the department’s page.
- Town Board meetings can be viewed here.
WHAT THE TOWN OF BABYLON IS DOING:
- Supervisor Rich Schaffer has declared a State of Emergency in the Town of Babylon, effective Friday, March 13, 2020, to ensure that the Town is able to acquire all items deemed necessary to sanitize its facilities and do its part to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Town cleaning crews are frequently and thoroughly sanitizing town properties, including Town Hall, senior centers, youth centers and recreation facilities.
- Hand sanitizers are being placed throughout town buildings to provide easy access for both residents and employees.
- All large Town of Babylon gatherings and events scheduled for the next two weeks, with the exception of board meetings unless otherwise noted, have been postponed until further notice.
- Planning, Accessory Apartment and Zoning Board meetings scheduled for this week are canceled. Additional information will be posted when available.
- The meeting of the Town of Babylon 150th Anniversary Committee scheduled for April 1, 2020 has been canceled.
- Wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, especially before eating.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Gather and update home preparedness kits, containing a thermometer, decongestants, anti-inflammatory drugs and acetaminophen.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
New York State Department of Health: www.health.ny.gov/coronavirus
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/COVID19
World Health Organization: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Suffolk County: https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Health-Services/Health-Bulletins/Novel-Coronavirus
New York State Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline: