All Town of Babylon buildings remain partially CLOSED to the public until further notice. If you need to visit either Town Hall or the Town Hall Annex to drop off or pick-up anything related to a necessary service, there will be one entrance available to speak with a Public Safety officer.
HOW DO I ACCESS TOWN SERVICES?
- PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ONLINE REQUEST and for updates from our departments regarding services, cancellations/postponements and closures.
- Applications, permits and forms are available to download here or on the department’s page.
- Town Board meetings can be viewed here.
- To view the March 25, 2020 meeting of the Babylon Town Board, please click here.
WHAT THE TOWN OF BABYLON IS DOING:
- Supervisor Rich Schaffer has declared a State of Emergency in the Town of Babylon, effective Friday, March 13, 2020, to ensure that the Town is able to acquire all items deemed necessary to sanitize its facilities and do its part to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Town cleaning crews are frequently and thoroughly sanitizing town properties, including Town Hall, senior centers, youth centers and recreation facilities.
- Hand sanitizers are being placed throughout town buildings to provide easy access for both residents and employees.
- All large Town of Babylon gatherings and events scheduled for the next two weeks, with the exception of board meetings unless otherwise noted, have been postponed until further notice.
- Planning, Accessory Apartment and Zoning Board meetings scheduled for this week are canceled. Additional information will be posted when available.
- Visit our Small Business Assistance Page for information on government aid and other options for local business owners during this difficult time.
- Wash hands thoroughly and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, especially before eating.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Gather and update home preparedness kits, containing a thermometer, decongestants, anti-inflammatory drugs and acetaminophen.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
New York State COVID-19 E-Mail Updates: https://now.ny.gov/page/s/coronavirus-updates
New York State Department of Health: www.health.ny.gov/coronavirus
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/COVID19
World Health Organization: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Suffolk County: https://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/Health-Services/Health-Bulletins/Novel-Coronavirus
Take Out/Delivery Options in the Town of Babylon: click here
New York State Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline: