Parks & Recreation Summer Beach Permits are now on sale at the Phelps Lane pool in North Babylon. Permits will be sold CREDIT CARD ONLY. Please see below for information on updated hours and location.
As a result of COVID-19, Supervisor Schaffer, Deputy Supervisor Martinez and the Town Board have decided to lower the permit fees for this summer. By reducing fees, we are able to give our residents a little relief while also collecting the necessary funding to keep our facilities clean and well-staffed for our visitors.
Resident Recreation Permits: $35 (normally $45)
Senior, Volunteer Firefighter and Veteran Recreation Permits: $15 (normally $20)*
*Volunteer firefighters and Veterans must have a valid ID at time of purchase
- NYS Driver’s License with TOB Address
- NYS Car Registration with matching TOB Address
- Tax/Utility Bill will matching TOB Address
- The vehicle must be present for permit purchase.
Beginning Saturday, August 29:
- Permits will ONLY be sold at the Parks Administration building (151 Phelps Lane, North Babylon) for the ENTIRE SEASON. Permits will NOT be sold at Tanner Park or the Cedar Beach Marina at any point during the summer.
- Permits will be on sale Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 1 pm and Saturdays 9 am – 1 pm inside the Parks Administration building located at 151 Phelps Lane in North Babylon. Park by the Phelps Lane Tennis Courts and enter the Parks Building through the handicap entrance.
- Closed Labor Day - Monday, September 7.
After Saturday, September 5, beach passes will only be available Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. A beach pass is needed after Labor Day to enter Cedar Beach Marina.
*A face covering is required to enter the Parks Administration Building*
If you have any questions, please contact Parks & Recreation at (631) 893-2100.