- KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: Visit the Town of Babylon Parks Facebook page for information regarding Town of Babylon beach capacity and closures or sign up here for e-mail updates.
- WHILE ON THE ROAD: Check existing signs on the Southern State Parkway and temporary signage along both Sunrise and Montauk Highways before the Robert Moses Causeway for information regarding beach traffic/capacity/closures.
- Parking along Ocean Parkway is ILLEGAL. DO NOT attempt to park on Ocean Parkway to access beach facilities. Violators may be ticketed or towed.
The Town of Babylon is committed to doing its part to maintain a safe environment when traveling to our area’s beach facilities. Last weekend, traffic jams and illegal parking created a dangerous situation on Ocean Parkway for our residents and employees due to facilities being at full capacity under NYS limitations. Given the expected 90+ degree forecast for this weekend, please carefully review the below for important info on visiting the beach.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Like the Town of Babylon Parks page and check its pinned post (at the top) for capacity updates at 9am, 11am and 1pm
- Sign up here for our new email list for beach capacity updates.
- If you have already left for the beach, pay attention to the signage along your route for updates. New York State will be posting real-time traffic/capacity notices on existing signage on the Southern State Parkway and temporary signage along both Sunrise and Montauk Highways before the Robert Moses Causeway.
Parking along Ocean Parkway is ILLEGAL as it poses a risk to you and your fellow motorists. DO NOT attempt to park on Ocean Parkway to access beach facilities. Facilities are closed for a reason - to ensure social distancing between those already on the beach.
- Town of Babylon tow trucks and flatbeds will be patrolling Ocean Parkway for those who violate this rule.
- New York State Troopers will also be ticketing violators.
We know that COVID-19 has made this a frustrating summer for everyone as we all acclimate to these unprecedented circumstances. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide the safest and most accommodating environment possible.