Through the Babylon Business Boot Camp, the Town of Babylon IDA has been reaching out a helping hand to businesses in our area that have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. As part of this program, registered businesses have had access to interactive workshops, educational webinars, business support systems (mentoring), networking opportunities and more. Businesses must be located within the Town of Babylon to qualify and the applicant must be the owner of the business. To register, please visit this page.
The Boot Camp program kicked off with a webinar this past August, which featured a special guest: motivational speaker Rudy Ruettiger, who captured the hearts of many as a member of the University of Notre Dame’s college football team and served as the inspiration for the famous 1993 film "Rudy." You can view the kick off, as well as the subsequent webinars below and on the IDA’s YouTube page. Among the topics already covered are:
As part of the Boot Camp, businesses can receive professional guidance when it comes to:
- Adhering to NYS Regulations
- Building Client Trust
- How to keep clients happy and personnel healthy, safe and prosperous
- Creating a Safe Working Environment
- Safety Plan documents and more
- Adjusting Your Business Model
- Developing plans to meet the challenges of today’s market
- Taking Time Out for Mental Health
- Look, we know - this is stressing all of us out. Get some suggestions on how to deal with it!
Check back for information on upcoming webinars and make sure to register today.