The Wyandanch Senior Citizen Nutrition Center is located at 28 Wyandanch Avenue in Wyandanch. The phone number is (631) 491-4889.
As a Nutrition Center, this center provides nutritional lunches for all seniors, including those at other Town senior centers, with a minimum of 100 lunches served daily. The average attendance is 60-80 seniors per day.
Special programs offered at the Wyandanch Senior Citizen Nutrition Center are:
- *The Food Program sponsored by Long Island Cares
- *The Frail and Elderly Program
- *The local schools' Intergenerational Program
- *The Wyandanch Senior Citizen Nutrition Center also provides:
- *Transportation for seniors to and from the center on a daily basis.
- *Transportation for seniors to the local supermarket and Walmart.
- *Chair exercises every morning
- *Bingo games daily
- *Daily Arts and Crafts
- *Monthly Senior Center parties/social events
- *Computer class Monday through Friday, from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
- *Access to pool tables, Monday through Friday