According to the Suffolk County Emergency Management website, you can get more information during and after an emergency by listening to your local television and radio broadcasts. If needed, contact local authorities such as the police, emergency management office, or health department.
Please do not call a 911 or other emergency telephone line unless you need assistance with an immediate physical or medical emergency. Dial "852-COPS" for non-emergency police calls in Suffolk County.
The 24-hour emergency contact telephone numbers for Babylon is: (631) 422-7600.
Non-Emergency Contact Information:
You may want to report the situation to our county or state offices of emergency management or health departments. Their phone numbers are:
- Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management: (631) 852-4900; 24 hours
- NYS. Office of Emergency Management , State Emergency Coordination Center - 24 hours: (518) 457-2200
- Suffolk County Department of Health Services: (631) 853-3000 Fax (631) 853-2927
- Emergencies after 5:00 pm and weekends (631) 852-4820
- NYS Department of Health, Division of Environmental Health: (800) 458-1158 or visit their website