How do I claim an impounded vehicle?
To reclaim a towed vehicle at the Town Attorney’s Office, the owner must produce the title and their photo identification. The owner then receives a release form, which must be notarized outside the Town of Babylon. Once the release form is notarized, it must be submitted to the Town Clerk to pay towing and storage charges. The owner must then bring a receipt and copy of the release form to the Department of Public Works to retrieve their vehicle.

If the vehicle is not registered, the owner must have a Town of Babylon licensed tow company remove it from the Department of Public Works. If the vehicle is registered, the owner can drive it out.

Show All Answers

1. What does the Town Attorney do?
2. Does the Town Attorney provide notary public services?
3. What is the process for purchasing a Town-owned property?
4. How can I annex a paper street to my property?
5. What is a FOIL request?
6. What is the process for making a FOIL request?
7. How long does it take to get a FOIL request completed?
8. Can I make a FOIL request for property information?
9. What is the process for recording Covenants and Restrictions?
10. How can I obtain an Excavation Permit/Road Opening Permit?
11. How do I claim an impounded vehicle?
12. What is the processing time for a Notice of Claim for property damage?
13. Where is the Parking Violations Bureau?
14. What are the Town's parking violations?
15. What are the responsibilities of the Code Enforcement Division?
16. How do I retrieve my car that's been impounded?