How do I retrieve my car that's been impounded?
Vehicles that have been towed or impounded by the Town of Babylon can be retrieved once an abandoned vehicle release form has been signed and notarized by the Town of Babylon Auto Impound Department.

Only the titled owner will be able to reclaim the vehicle:

  • The titled owner must appear at the Town Attorney's Office, 200 East Sunrise Highway, Lindenhurst, with the title and ID before 2:00 pm to obtain a release form to reclaim the vehicle.

  • The titled owner must also have a tow truck driver, licensed to tow in the Town of Babylon, meet them at the DPW after the paperwork is complete.

  • The notarized release form is brought to the Town Clerk's Office and the fees must be paid in cash. You will receive a receipt and a copy of the release form.
  • The documents are then brought to the Department of Public Works located behind Town Hall.

Show All Answers

1. What does the Town Attorney do?
2. Does the Town Attorney provide notary public services?
3. What is the process for purchasing a Town-owned property?
4. How can I annex a paper street to my property?
5. What is a FOIL request?
6. What is the process for making a FOIL request?
7. How long does it take to get a FOIL request completed?
8. Can I make a FOIL request for property information?
9. What is the process for recording Covenants and Restrictions?
10. How can I obtain an Excavation Permit/Road Opening Permit?
11. How do I claim an impounded vehicle?
12. What is the processing time for a Notice of Claim for property damage?
13. Where is the Parking Violations Bureau?
14. What are the Town's parking violations?
15. What are the responsibilities of the Code Enforcement Division?
16. How do I retrieve my car that's been impounded?