What is the process for purchasing a Town-owned property?
All property inquiries must be made via written request to the Town Attorney’s Office. The request must provide all known details regarding the property, including:
  • Property location

  • Address

  • Suffolk County Tax Map Number

  • Hamlet

  • Names of side streets

  • Whether the property is vacant or occupied

  • If there is a structure upon it.

The inquiry will be processed and a determination will be sent to the requester.

Show All Answers

1. What does the Town Attorney do?
2. Does the Town Attorney provide notary public services?
3. What is the process for purchasing a Town-owned property?
4. How can I annex a paper street to my property?
5. What is a FOIL request?
6. What is the process for making a FOIL request?
7. How long does it take to get a FOIL request completed?
8. Can I make a FOIL request for property information?
9. What is the process for recording Covenants and Restrictions?
10. How can I obtain an Excavation Permit/Road Opening Permit?
11. How do I claim an impounded vehicle?
12. What is the processing time for a Notice of Claim for property damage?
13. Where is the Parking Violations Bureau?
14. What are the Town's parking violations?
15. What are the responsibilities of the Code Enforcement Division?
16. How do I retrieve my car that's been impounded?